fbpx
Saturday, May 18, 2024
Saturday May 18, 2024
Saturday May 18, 2024

Vaping nightmare: 12-year-old girl’s lung collapse sparks urgent health warning

PUBLISHED ON

|

Sarah’s battle for life after excessive vaping sends shockwaves through young users

In a harrowing incident, a 12-year-old girl from Belfast, Northern Ireland, named Sarah Griffin, is urging her peers to reconsider vaping after her habit led to a collapsed lung, a four-day coma, and permanent damage.

Sarah, who had been vaping since the tender age of nine, found herself in a critical condition, exacerbating her pre-existing asthma. The habit, which escalated to consuming a staggering 4,000 puffs in just days, pushed her vulnerable lungs to the brink.

Her mother, Mary, struggled to deter Sarah from vaping, and the situation took a dire turn in September. Rushed to the hospital with dangerously low oxygen levels, Sarah’s scan revealed severe lung damage and a concurrent infection. The swift deterioration led to her being put in an induced coma, where Mary faced the agonizing fear of losing her daughter.

After an intensive four-and-a-half-hour medical effort, Sarah emerged from the coma but not without lasting damage to her lungs. Mary, relieved that her daughter survived, is now passionately advocating against vaping, emphasizing the addictive nature of the habit.

“Don’t start doing it, because once you start doing it, you don’t stop doing it,” warns Sarah, highlighting the addictive grip of vaping. “You only stop when you basically have to, when it’s a life or death situation.”

While Sarah embarks on her recovery journey, the devastating impact of vaping on young lives is underscored by the tragic case of Solomon Wynn from North Carolina. The 15-year-old lost his life after developing severe respiratory issues linked to vaping, underscoring the urgent need for awareness and prevention.

As health authorities grapple with the rising prevalence of vaping among young individuals, Sarah’s story serves as a stark reminder of the potential life-altering consequences of this increasingly widespread habit.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles