Monday, July 15, 2024
Monday July 15, 2024
Monday July 15, 2024

Electrician’s shocking ordeal: 14,000-volt zap leaves bizarre star-shaped burns in eyes



California electrician survives high-voltage incident with unusual eye condition

In the realm of perilous professions, electricians navigate a high-risk landscape daily. However, one elderly electrician from California inadvertently found himself grappling with an extraordinary human condition after a routine work incident, leaving his eyes marked with star-shaped burns.

The electrician, subjected to a jolt of 14,000 volts, experienced a peculiar consequence as the current surged through him, damaging the optic nerve and leading to the development of cataracts—an eye disease.

The incident occurred when the electrician inadvertently bumped his shoulder into a live wire, setting off a chain reaction that surged through his optic nerve, the vital connection between the eyes and the brain. The New England Journal of Medicine documented the unique case, showcasing images of star-shaped electrical burns within the patient’s eyes.

Dr. Bobby Korn, an associate professor of clinical ophthalmology at the University of California, San Diego, treated the unnamed patient and shed light on the unusual aftermath. He explained, “The extreme current and voltage that passed through this important natural wire caused damage to the optic nerve itself.”

Images of the electrician’s eyes circulated online, prompting a mix of shock, concern, and curiosity. Commenters expressed relief that the electrician survived the incident, despite the visible damage to his eyes.

One person familiar with the case shared insights: “It looks like those eyes are on a dead body, but yes miraculously, he lived, he ain’t even blind, just bad vision.”

While questions arose about the electrician’s ability to see, the prevailing sentiment online was one of gratitude for his survival. A commenter noted, “Increíble that he didn’t become blind after that accident.”

In the face of this extraordinary and harrowing experience, the electrician’s story underscores the unpredictable nature of work-related hazards and the resilience of those who navigate them.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles